Christopher Denise’s illustrations are stunning. Some are warm and tender. Some are breathtaking and epic. All are crafted with care. I loved uncovering the mindset behind his images. Enjoy this talk with the amazing visual storyteller who brought us FIREFLY HOLLOW (written by Alison McGhee) and BAKING DAY AT GRANDMA’S (written by his wife Anika Denise).
Click to enlarge images
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Christopher Denise Website
- Christopher’s Blog (FIREFLY HOLLOW development – part 1 & part 2)
- Chris is on Twitter
- And Facebook
- RISD Faculty: Judy Sue Goodwin Sturges, Mary Jane Begin & Kelly Murphy (Kelly’s Picturebooking Episode)
- FIREFLY HOLLOW article/interview with Alison McGhee in Publishers Weekly
- FIREFLY HOLLOW personal/honest blog post by Alison McGhee in Pippin Insider
Books Mentioned in This Episode:
Support your local independent bookstore • affiliate links below
Thanks for listening to my chat with Christopher Denise! If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or sign up to receive emails of new episodes below. If you want to be my best friend in the whole world wide web leave a review for the podcast on iTunes and share this episode. Thanks again for letting me and this podcast into your life.