In this episode of the Picturebooking Podcast I sit down with children’s book illustrator Will Terry, to talk about the business of being an artist. Will is such a great resource for children’s book illustrators. He has the pulse of this industry and shares this knowledge freely. It was truly an honor to pick his brain. Enjoy!
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Will Terry’s YouTube channel is must watch for anyone thinking about becoming a professional children’s book artist.
- Will’s video podcast episode #7: Your Art Portfolio As A Marketing Tool – Justin Gerard & Annie Stegg
- Will’s portfolio website: willterry.com
- Will’s online courses: svslearn.com
- Seth Godin’s blog: sethgodin.typepad.com
- William Joyce: williamjoyce.com and for the record Picturebooking did help Will connect with William Joyce!
- Eric Rohmann’s website: ericrohmann.com
Books Mentioned in This Episode:
Video Excerpt: Will Terry on self vs. traditional publishing in children’s books
Thanks for listening to my chat with Will Terry! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review for the podcast on iTunes to help others find the show. These reviews matter in the rankings of the show, and I’d greatly appreciate your feedback!